This workshop will empower individuals who are in recovery to find the right jobs.. For many people, job hunting can be frustrating because of factors such as criminal history, lack of skills, competition, or personal limitations. There are ways to overcome these limitations and land good-paying jobs.
During this workshop, participants will learn the following;
- How to write compelling resumes
- We will teach participants the best approach to creating resumes that will impress potential employers. The participants will learn how to create resumes that feature essential information such as employment history, educational background, and current skills. A excellent resume significantly increases the chances of securing a good job quickly.
- Participants will be shown how to identify and explore new opportunities to get better jobs instead of limiting the scope of their search to jobs that may not be financially sustainable.
- Also, the workshop reveals the best ways to leverage online and offline resources to find good jobs and tips on how to identify these resources.
The job search process can be stressful because oftentimes there are more applicants than available jobs. This is why it is essential to be prepared with an impressive resume to first get your resume moved to the top of the stack and then demonstrate a positive mindset during interviews.
This workshop will help you become physically, mentally, and emotionally ready to start working again.
- Career Development Issues and how to overcome them
During this part of DC Recovery’s Job Readiness program, we will provide solutions to common career development issues encountered while searching for a new job.
Participants will learn the following:
- How to handle challenges during job searches such as criminal history or childcare issues
- Techniques for avoiding career development limitations while searching for a job
- How to identify factors that could increase job opportunities, such as interpersonal skills, job requirement skills, and other in-demand proficiencies.
- How to tailor job searches for the individual’s interests, strengths, and personality type
- How to Identify the best agency or company that offer jobs that are the perfect fit
Finding a good job is one of the best things that can improve your progress during recovery. It helps to make your journey free from addictions worth the effort. We are here to help you overcome the stress of searching for a job by teaching you how to use effective methods to land the job that is right for you.